Automatic Packing Lines
A good packing is necessary to preserve the product at the exit of the cutting lines, slitting lines and rewinding.
This phase ensures that the added value, generated in the finishing lines, is maintained during transport from the coil processing plants to the end users, while also allowing safe handling of the sub-coils and sheets.
Excellence supplied by FIMI
The most important companies rely on FIMI’s expertise when they have to design their service centres.
We provide customers with our consolidated know-how in the setting of slitting lines, cut to length lines and packing of strips and foils.
All lines are designed by FIMI to create efficient connections between the storage bays of coils to be processed, the plants where they are processed and the warehouse of finished products (sub-coils or sheet packs) to be shipped to end users.
A careful planning of the disposition of a sub-coil packing line at the end of a slitting line, is the best way to ensure the highest productivity. The disposition of a sub-coil packing line depends on factors and customer requirements. FIMI can study tailor-made solutions and offer a wide range of products to make sub-coil packing lines fully automatic.
- Downunder system for aluminium slit coils.
- Single coil radial strapping machine.
- Radial strapping machine with coil-stack.
- “Eye-to-sky” coil pick-up by magnets.
- “Eye-to-sky” coil pick-up by vacuum lifter with protection on the outer diameter.
Downstream of a cut to length line, good sheet packing starts on stacking platforms. Stacking platforms are designed in different typologies, whether stacking sheets of carbon steel, stainless steel or aluminium and regardless of whether they are stacked with or without pallets: the aim is to avoid any kind of damage to the finished product.
- Vacuum stacker.
- Magnetic stacker.
- Air cushion stacker.
- Rackets stacker.
- Air cushion and rackets stacker.
- Bomb door stacker.
- Trapezoidal sheet stacker.
With configurations and functions designed ad-hoc, according to the customer’s specific needs.
The line consists of:
Complementary devices in a sheet stacking line
- Pallet feeding at the back of the magnetic stacker.
- Automatic wrapping machine.
- Automatic pallet feeding under the sheet pack.
- Automatic wooden stocks feeding and transverse strapping.
- Automatic sheet-packs Piling.
Complementary devices in a slit-coils packing line
- Fully automatic circumferential strapping machine.
- Turnstile-to-turnstile slit coils transfer car.
- Turnstile stacking station.
- Robot for positioning wooden sticks between coils.
- Stacking station with automatic tying, recoiling and covering.
Need more information?
How to ask for information
- Download the form to fill out from the button below.
- Fill in the form with the required fields.
- Attach the form in the form below under “Attach completed form”.